Selden started out as a farming settlement in the mid-1800s and by the 20th century it had grown into an active community with plenty of businesses coming to “Downtown Selden”. As pleasant as life can be here in the center of Long Island, it’s not without its problems, especially during storm season. That’s when Selden residents and businesses turn to Magic Home Restoration for water damage cleanup they can trust.
We’re prepared to handle any size job quickly and professionally, with someone ready to take your call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Once we’re on the job, we’ll follow our water damage restoration checklist to make sure that every aspect of the process is covered:
- Stop the Water At Its Source – The first step is always to determine the source of the water so that we can stop it immediately. We’ll also determine the level of contamination so that we know exactly how to proceed.
- Determine the Extent of Damage – We’ll use high-tech sensors, including moisture detectors and hygrometers, to determine the extent of the damage.
- Detect Mold Growth – Mold can begin growing 24-48 hours after water damage and can be a serious health threat, so we’ll carefully check for any signs of infestation and perform complete mold remediation.
- Remove Standing Water – We’ll begin the water damage restoration itself by using industrial-grade pumps and wet/dry vacs to remove all standing water.
- Check and Treat Carpeting – Carpeting can bear the brunt of water damage, so we’ll carefully check your carpeting and perform a thorough cleaning, deodorization, and stain removal.
- Perform Drying and Dehumidification – Finally, we employ industrial-strength air movers and dehumidifiers to remove all moisture from surfaces and the air.
When water damage occurs the most important thing is to act fast. That’s why Magic Home Restoration is ready to respond as soon as you call. We also understand how stressful it can be, which is why we follow our water damage restoration checklist to ensure that no detail is left out. We’ll also take the time to explain the entire process so that you know exactly what’s happening and what to expect.
We’re members of this community ourselves, so it’s important to us to treat our neighbors with the care they deserve when they need it most. That’s why we’ll stand by you through every part of the process and perform all of our water damage restoration services with minimal disruption to your daily life.
For water damage restoration services you can count on, call the name that Selden trusts most. Magic Home Restoration will make your water damage vanish, just like magic.